The Nicks dive into this chapter of gift giving by asking which of the Fellowship's gifts would you steal, or what gift would you ask of Lady Galadriel? We discuss the differences between the movie gifts and the book. And, in spite of not making an actual plan, we prepare ourselves for a long trek downriver.
Map of Middle-earth
LoTRproject.com interactive map - Caution: spoilers for new readers!
Notes for this episode
- Summoned up to see Lord and Lady
- It's time to go.
- Celeborn talks over what lay ahead -- east is over Emyn Muil, west goes into Rohan/Fangorn and ultimately leads to Minas Tirith.
- Aragorn is doubtful and troubled. (Remember gandalf’s plan!)
- Celeborn offers boats - this could prolong the decision!
- The Fellowship take their own council
- Majority choose to go west and make for Minas Tirith.
- Aragorn is quiet.
- Boromir makes his case -- “throw away what?”
- Gifted cloaks, Lembas, and rope
- Haldir comes back to escort them out of Caras Galadhon to the waters.
- Gifted boats!
- Off down the river
- Giant swan swims closer… oh dear.
- GALADRIEL -- she sings to them with a harp.
- Lord and Lady invite them to eat together as a farewell.
- Gifts are given.
- Aragorn gets a sheath for Anduril and the Elfstone
- Boromir gets a golden belt
- Merry/Pippin small silver belts with a golden flower clasp
- Legolas gets a bow of the Galadhrim strung with elf hair and a quiver of arrows.
- Sam gets a small box - adorned with a G for Galadriel/Garden, filled with soil from the orchard of Galadriel blessed in the way she may.
- Gimli - what gift would a Dwarf ask of the Lady?
- Sees them off.
- Galadriel sings another song.
- The set off down the river Aragorn/Frodo/Sam, Boromir/Pippin/Merry, Legolas/Gimli -- Bromance of the story!
Other comments or observations:
The story is picking up again. Gird your loins!
Google Play Music
Special thanks to our friend Harry Murrell for the use of his music. Listen to more and subscribe to his channel here.